Author Topic: Avast promo advertisement really annoying  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Cynthia55

Avast promo advertisement really annoying
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:19:09 PM »
Has anyone else been annoyed by the advertisement to get the ultimate avast protection? Well I am. It because I got Ethier all of it or I opt out of having it. On my mobile app (ultimate) I scroll down and see the promo. Stop showing me something if I already have a yearly subscription. Avast can you tweak this so it is not so damn annoying? I wish to stop seeing it. It creates a false sense of security. Alright I said what I had to say. All I need to see it the area where you drag down screen, see scan for viruses, check, boost, and clean. The arts and notifications. Here let me make a suggestion. Put a section in settings that is called Avast, how am I doing? A person can tap on it and than Avast can list the products not installed in their avast security for their one device or multiprotection. That would be beneficial and it could be controled by customer to alert prone or notification setting. Just dont plaster my main area of avast with your advertisement and if you don't know what I mean then Avast you need to email me so I can make what I am explaining to you with diagrams and pictures.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast promo advertisement really annoying
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 09:34:59 AM »
Hi and thanks for your feedback and suggestion - it has been forwarded to the team. Also, Pro users can disable promotion of our products in the Settings - Notifications & alerts - Avast promotions. I hope it helps.

Offline KegRaider

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 10:22:34 PM »
I already have a yearly subscription.

Same here mate.  I mistakenly thought the subscription that I paid within the app, was my ticket to supporting a company with no ads. (you know, like every other app priced at 1/20th of this)
NOPE!  You then get nagged to upgrade to multi-device protection for a price 5x what I had just outlayed.  Plus, there is NO VPN on the standard subscription.  I cancelled my subscription 2 weeks after purchase because of the unclear, deceptive practice.  If you have the standard subscription like me, then you cannot disable the adverts.  Good luck over the next 12 months.

"Pro users can disable promotions"....  Really weak response.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
Hi, I checked with the team and there seems to be a bug - our apologies, it should be fixed on Monday.