Author Topic: Cannot self approve my device for passwords syncronization  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Thiago117

Cannot self approve my device for passwords syncronization
« on: February 14, 2019, 05:38:02 PM »
Recently I was stolen and unfortunately my old cell phone and my notebook were taken.
Now with a new phone I am trying to synchronize my passwords, however it is necessary to authorize it from another device (which I do not have anymore).

How do I do?
I found a link teaching how to self approve, but it did not help at all.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Cannot self approve my device for passwords syncronization
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 03:19:20 PM »
Hi Thiago117,

I'm sorry to hear that your old devices were stolen. I'm afraid that this means that you cannot synchronize your new phone in the normal way - as you would have to have access to one of the older devices. The alternative is to use the backup email. This email would have been sent to you when you originally synced your first device - which was on 13-Apr-2016.

You can find more information about how to do this (and a picture of the email you're looking for) in the following guide: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/92

Please let me know if you have any issues using the link in the email. If you cannot find the email, I'm afraid that the only option would be to delete your current synchronization group so that you can start again - which would wipe any currently saved passwords. Please let me know if you need us to delete this for you.

Offline Thiago117

Re: Cannot self approve my device for passwords syncronization
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 12:29:31 AM »
Hi BWhit

Thanks for your help.
I found the email and I was able to recover my passwords!