Author Topic: Blue Screen Crash after Avast Update (aswbidsdriver.sys) at Perfect Privacy VPN  (Read 7065 times)

Offline s.f.guyver

Hello,

i have a Problem. I use Avast Internet Security License, Windows 8.1 64bit.

Now i have last Week updatet avast to the latest Version. But now my PC crashes every Time if i open Perfect Privacy VPN Client and connect.
Before the Update no Problem with avast and Perfect Privacy and works fine, but since the latest Update crash...

The Problem:

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (aswbidsdriver.sys)

Google said me, that the file "aswbidsdriver.sys" is an avast file. So, what is the Problem and how i fix them?

Hope someone could help! :)

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
What is your avast build no?
Last uUpdate is 19.2.2364 (build 19.2.4186.430)
If you not recived any uUpdate(build no is 19.2.4186.428)You need to push a emergency update.

Go to Program files > Avast Software > Avast
Once there, find and Run
AvEmUpdate.exe
Restart your computer after the update has finished.

If it was not working next step is create a support package

Create a support package (https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Submit-support-file) and post the ID here.
Pick a unique name (and post it here), so the devs can find it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:25:25 AM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline s.f.guyver

Avast is on the newest Version 19.2.2364 (build 19.2.4186.430).

And how can i create a support ticket? At the link i can only search not create!?

Offline kwiq

• Avast team
Hi s.f.guyver
please locate the memory dump zip it as s_f_guyver_2_2019.zip and upload on ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/

The default location of the dump file is %SystemRoot%memory.dmp i.e C:\Windows\memory.dmp if C: is the system drive. Windows can also capture small memory dumps which occupy less space. These dumps are created at %SystemRoot%Minidump.dmp (C:\Window\Minidump.dump if C: is the system

Thank you for report !

Offline s.f.guyver

Hey,

i have no "memory.dmp" file. I looked ad the path but, here is no memory.dmp file. With hided elements, too.
The function is in the system enabled as "automatic". But no memory.dmp at the Explorer...

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
hello
For many of us, the emergency update did not directly solve the VPN problem.
Some VPNs require to be re-installed to save avast changes, this is the case by example for "Private Internet Security".
also, try to reset the avast settings by defaults.

Offline s.f.guyver

Hey,

i have reinstalles the Perfect-Privacy Client, but the Problem is the same.

And how i say, avast have no Problems before the latest Update. Since the Update crash every Time.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Follow instructions: https://support.avast.com/article/33/ and post your File-ID here afterwards.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline s.f.guyver

Hey,

my ID: H1XV9

at begin i was confused. In the manual i should at the support ticket enter my ID there i have at step 1. But i have no ID in step one.
I have then not fill the textbox under the Email Adress.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hey, my ID: H1XV9
OK, now you've to wait for kwiq.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline s.f.guyver

Where's kwiq?

Sure he read this? I don't know if he see my ID?

Offline kwiq

• Avast team
Hi I was on vacation :-).
Dump found and reported !
Thank you
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 08:46:30 AM by kwiq »

Offline s.f.guyver

Hey,

hope you have an good vacation! :)

And now what found? How can i fix it btw. will Avast bring an update?

Offline kwiq

• Avast team
It is kernel mode stack overflown and fix should be part of next update.

Offline smokedawg1281

It is kernel mode stack overflown and fix should be part of next update.

So when will this update happen?  I have the same exact problem and have gone through all the 'fixes' listed here and on other posts similar to this one.  Nothing helps.  I hate choosing between using my VPN or Avast.  With this major bug, I'm somewhat sadly going to have to choose my VPN.  This is insane how long a fix is taking to be rolled out.  Also, I HATE this most recent update.  The GUI and scans were fine the way they were.  Every update you do slows down my system further and further.  Avast, you need to get your sheeot together or you'll be losing plenty of loyal subscribers.  And please, fix your CAPTCHA!!!  The letters are unintelligible to a normal human.