Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Hitman Pro scan calls 2 Avast files malware

(1/3) > >>

tere7:
Hitman Pro scan found the file called algo.dll in 2 the folders below and called it malware, saying "One or more antivirus vendors have indicated that the file is malicious."
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\defs\19021602 and
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\defs\19021510

schmidthouse:
Well I'm no expert but I'd say those files are Avast Virus definition files that Avast uses to scan for similar and help protect your OS.

Asyn:

--- Quote from: schmidthouse on February 16, 2019, 05:07:23 PM ---Well I'm no expert but I'd say those files are Avast Virus definition files that Avast uses to scan for similar and help protect your OS.

--- End quote ---
Correct.

schmidthouse:

--- Quote from: Asyn on February 16, 2019, 05:08:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: schmidthouse on February 16, 2019, 05:07:23 PM ---Well I'm no expert but I'd say those files are Avast Virus definition files that Avast uses to scan for similar and help protect your OS.

--- End quote ---
Correct.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Asyn  ;)

mchain:
Typical false positive report where two active real-time antivirus program scanners are installed and running at the same time. 

One or both reports the virus definitions running in system memory of the other as actual malware/viruses when it is not:  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=211973.0

Why are you running HitMan Pro?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version