Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Bizarre error with avast virus definition update

(1/2) > >>

giulio_toffoletti:
Good morning  :) I have a bizarre problem with my avast antivirus free edition 9 on widows xp ( cpu palomino computer ).
I use this pc every day. I go on the web in secure site. Every day at 11:30 a.m. I see that avast uses most of the power of the pc for the update of the virus definition. On the task manager appears correctly the instupdate.exe process. I don't see any error message during this operation.
Suddenly a popup of the security center of Windows tells me that the antivirus is not updated. I check on avast and I see this strange situation. I have the current virus definition installed but this definition was released few days ago. What can I do ? is my pc safe? 
Thak you ^_^

Asyn:
Hi, there are only few helpers for XP left - probably none with V9 of Avast.

Duch:
Hi giulio in the center of security you can turn off security messages spyware protection and antivirus protection. These messages are informative only its essential that avast has an up to date virus definitions and then youre protected

giulio_toffoletti:
Ty  :) You can see my problem in the posted photo. I don't know if the message of Avast is consitent and correct. The date of the released update is every day the same and is the 6th febrary. I don't know if the pc is really protected with the last definition or is a bug...

giulio_toffoletti:

--- Quote from: Duch on February 17, 2019, 01:55:50 PM ---Hi giulio in the center of security you can turn off security messages spyware protection and antivirus protection. These messages are informative only its essential that avast has an up to date virus definitions and then youre protected

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the answer, I hope :) Maybe ... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version