Author Topic: Secureline works, but does not automatically connect me anymore.  (Read 3886 times)

Offline mhguda

Secureline works, but does not automatically connect me anymore.
« on: February 17, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »
After updating my Avast Premier I initially had problems getting VPN to work, but Avast support showed me what to do and that worked. (See my earlier post here). I reinstalled Secureline, and for the first few instances, upon booting my PC Secureline would automatically turn on. But yesterday I noticed it was not doing that anymore and today had the same problem. Manual connect works, but why the hassle? Especially since it worked, and I have not made any changes to my system? I have configured VPN to automatically connect when the system boots, the setting shows, but then the connection still has to be made manually. What gives?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Secureline works, but does not automatically connect me anymore.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 03:44:31 PM »
Hi
Check you Secureline Settings under "Network Security" and make sure you UNCHECK "Exclude Trusted (Private) Networks".
Does that resolve your issue?

Offline mhguda

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 01:26:44 PM »
Actually, yes I did check that, and it's set correctly so that it will also connect my home network.
The strange thing is it does not always fail to connect automatically - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday, for example, it was back to connecting automatically. Then this morning, I had to do it manually.

Offline mudclam

Re: Secureline works, but does not automatically connect.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 02:52:44 AM »
I have almost the same problem. Purchased SecureLine VPN earlier this month. It never starts automatically. Usually, about 2 hours after I've booted up and surfed around, I remember to turn VPN on. I Enabled load-on-startup through Task Manager (Win 10), but the next time I turn the computer on, no VPN until I remember to do it manually.  Is this the normal way SecureLine VPN works? Could it be that automatic clearance of browser cache on exit, or always using CCleaner before I shutdown, is causing Enable on Startup to not work? VPN isn't helpful when it's not turned on. Do you know how I can have it load every time I turn the computer on? Thanks.

Offline mudclam

Re: Secureline working now - thank you
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 03:21:39 AM »
In Settings, I did check both boxes under Notifications and Startup. Then I clicked Network Security and clicked Turn on the VPN automatically when connected to the internet. Then I followed your advice and unchecked Exclude Trusted (private) networks.  Lo and Behold! SecureLine VPN is turned ON automatically every time I boot up the ol' computer. I am a happy, dancin' clam. Sorry to take up your time on something I should have figured out for myself.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 03:28:29 AM »
Good to see Secureline is working the way you want. :)