Author Topic: Fully uninstall avast from my macs  (Read 2849 times)

Offline m_faccone

Fully uninstall avast from my macs
« on: February 18, 2019, 03:07:22 AM »
I uninstalled avast from my imac and MacBook pro  I still have Avast directories that can't be installed because they say they are needed by the MacOS.
How to I completely remove Avast?   I don't like these hooked files to my OS on my mac

they are located/Library/SystemMigration/History/Migration-4B506A19-54EF-448A-B2C8-4FCC32A137C2/QuarantineRoot/Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Application Support/Avast
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:10:08 AM by m_faccone »

Offline m_faccone

Re: Fully uninstall avast from my macs
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 03:48:44 AM »
Think I figured it out, although avast uninstaller should have removed it all from a mac... its not microsoft windows.
have to cmd r then terminal, then scrutil disable, restart, trash folders, restart cmd r, terminal, csrutil enable restart cmd r to check csrutil status... restart.

But... like I said... avast should have removed it all with its uninstall app.  I was going to subscribe to full software... but now I am going to sophos.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Fully uninstall avast from my macs
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:42:21 PM »
Great that you have resolved it by yourself!
Just for a record - the /Library/SystemMigration/ folder is created by macosx itself. Avast's uninstaller removes only the directories that were created by the Avast AV. More about the SystemMigration at https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/18780
Quality is also a feature.