Author Topic: CompMgmtLauncher.exe - Entry Point Not Found  (Read 2035 times)

Offline PK232

CompMgmtLauncher.exe - Entry Point Not Found
« on: February 16, 2019, 06:31:27 AM »
After a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro with Classic Shell installed, I installed Avast 19.2.2364 (build 19.2.4186.431) using the on-line installer a3b.   By chance, one of the first things I did right after the install was to click on "This PC" and select "Manage".  When I did that a pop-up window appeared with the title "CompMgmtLauncher.exe - Entry Point Not Found" and the text inside the window read "The procedure entry point _crt_atexit could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AavmRpch.dll."     

Using the "Repair" option from the Control Panel did not correct the problem.  I also tired uninstalling, running CCleaner to cleanup the registry, and then reinstalling without success.

Is there anything else I should try?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: CompMgmtLauncher.exe - Entry Point Not Found
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 08:45:36 AM »
When the popup is shown, is there a process CompMgmtLauncher.exe visible in Task Manager?
If so, could you (with the popup still open) rightclick on the process in Task Manager, select "Create dump file", and upload the resulting dump (you may want to compress it) to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming ?  (and post the name of the uploaded file here)
Thanks.

Offline PK232

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 01:55:11 PM »
I didn't expect a reply until Monday so I tried another fresh install of Windows since I did not yet have a big investment in time from configuration and adding software.   Unfortunately the results were the same.    The name of the file I uploaded is "CompMgmtLauncher_16Feb19.zip".     

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »
Thanks for the dump.
We've found the problem, the issue will hopefully be fixed in the next program update.
In the meantime - while the error message is annoying, it doesn't really affect the functionality in any way (the computer management application starts normally after the error is closed).