Consumer Products > Avast SecureLine VPN

SecureLine VPN icon has disappeared

(1/3) > >>

sally.burt:
My SecureLine VPN icon in the system tray has disappeared and so I can no longer turn on the VPN. I cannot find it anywhere on my laptop yet the licence is still valid. How do I get it back so that I can use it again?

Asyn:
Hi, you need to install the standalone version of SecureLine.
https://files.avast.com/tools/secureline/avast_secureline_setup.exe
From the changelog: SecureLine VPN component won't be part of AV. User will be offered to install standalone VPN client independent from AV (staged release not for all users now)

bajjerfan:
In the past I had issues with the VPN disconnecting and reconnecting more than I thought it should.

CS provided this reply.

"Sometimes, this might happen due to the browser or website issues. In this regard, we request you to try accessing those websites in alternate browser. However, you can also disable the port scan detection in Avast by following the below steps:
Open Avast - Protection - Firewall - Settings - Advanced - Uncheck 'Enable automatic port scan detection' - Ok."

So recently like the poster here I discovered that the VPN icon was missing from the startup menu. A little inquiry led me to discover that I needed to re-install it which I did and upgraded my router's firmware as well. It seems that the problem of disconnecting and reconnecting persists causing me at times to turn it off. Is there some sort of secret fix to keeping it connected without all of the interruptions? The browsers I use most frequently are Chrome and FireFox. Running Windows 7 FWIW.

Also if it matters, I'm more likely to use the wired connection between the computer and router rather than the wireless.

bajjerfan:
So why are some links now starting to "go dead" with safe zone? Some parts of a site seem to give no response when you click on a link or icon. It seems necessary to right click and open in a new window.

schmidthouse:

--- Quote from: bajjerfan on July 22, 2019, 04:48:05 PM ---So why are some links now starting to "go dead" with safe zone? Some parts of a site seem to give no response when you click on a link or icon. It seems necessary to right click and open in a new window.

--- End quote ---

'Safe Zone' has been replaced with Avast Secure Browser some time ago ???

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=78.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version