Author Topic: Forgot master password, won't let me synch with new password  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Zeldar

Forgot master password, won't let me synch with new password
« on: February 20, 2019, 07:30:52 PM »
Hello,

I forgot my master password, and, while I was still auto-logged in I saved my passwords in an excel-file so no problem there. My main issue is that I have now reset my Passwords and created a new master password. When I try to turn on synchronization, I get a message telling me to approve the request from another device which is synchronized; but I don't have that anymore.

I have tried the backup email, but it tells me to input the first master password I wrote in when I originally turned on synchronization. (Which is the one I forgot in the first place.)

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Edit:

I see that in an older thread: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=223909.0, the Avast Team was able to delete the old synchronization data from their cloud to allow the user to synch with the new password as if I was a new user. I would like to request the same be done in my case, as I already saved my password data in a spreadsheet before reseting.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:59:21 PM by Zeldar »

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Forgot master password, won't let me synch with new password
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:17:13 PM »
Hi Zeldar,

We have removed the synchronization data from the email address that you're registered on the forum with now, and you should be able to re-setup the synchronization immediately.

Offline Zeldar

Re: Forgot master password, won't let me synch with new password
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:30:20 PM »
Yep, just tried it and it works now. Thanks for the quick assistance! :)