Author Topic: Avast Firewall - Some little issue with Opera browser...  (Read 928 times)

Offline JC (Orange.fr)

Avast Firewall - Some little issue with Opera browser...
« on: March 04, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »
Hello all !
I use Opera browser as internet (but also Firefox and Edge 8) ).
Except this (good) browser changes the Opera folder name at each update (the folder name use version number) and it generates several little problems  >:( :o :'(.
The Avast firewall is asking permission after each update (that's normal, as the name of folder changes) and keeps stupidly the list of old versions (old paths).
1) Is there a way (other than manually, that I know how to do) to purge the access path list only for Opera? (Did someone do a batch?)
2) Is there the possibility to add to the Avast firewal the folder access (not .exe) for the root folder of opera and thus sub-folders of version?
Thank you
A +
Jean Claude
Win10 x64 v1903 - Avast Internet Security - Lenovo ThinkCentre 8Gb & Hdd Velociraptor 600Gb.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Firewall - Some little issue with Opera browser...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 12:47:58 PM »
Hi, I don't run Opera. but you can purge the access path list for all outdated programs in the FW.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0