Author Topic: Lack of transparency  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Smartik

Lack of transparency
« on: March 01, 2019, 06:42:54 PM »
In the past (like years ago), Avast used to tell you exactly what it considers to be an issue and what a possible resolution is. Now you have your "Smart Scan" which says "x issues found" and your option is to "resolve all". You have to understand that most of us are never going to click on a button to let you handle an unknown issue (that is potentially not even an issue) with unknown methods. I want to be able to see exactly where you see a problem and what you intend to do about it.

I get that you may not want to have this as the default view for the average user as they won't necessarily understand, but there has to be a way for us to see the underlying issues you are talking about. If your problem is programs out of date, tell me which ones. If you see performance issues that you want to fix with registry edits, tell me what you are changing. This way I know what is happening and if I encounter any problems with my programs or general usage, I will know exactly where to go to undo the "fix".

I feel like many of the screens are getting dumbed down to a point where you are losing control over what is going on.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Lack of transparency
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 07:22:47 PM »
  I want to be able to see exactly where you see a problem and what you intend to do about it.
If you clik that it will tell you in next picture ....

and that is you have to buy this and that avast program to be able to fix this and that

Offline stibi

Re: Lack of transparency
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 12:12:27 AM »
Nice, Pondus, but I agree to Smartik and never came to the idea to start a function that says it will fix all issues.
If there follows really another detailed information th message is daunting and false.