Author Topic: Malware-gen??  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Hyperwolf122

Malware-gen??
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:56:25 PM »
So Avast locked up Malware-gen into the threat chest and I absolutely noticed nothing wrong with my laptop and it said on February 23rd is when it locked up the threat and I checked the browsing history on Chrome to see if maybe one of my family members accidentally pressed a link or went to a website and nothing was downloaded and only Pinterest was on the search history which a family member likes to go on there and they never pressed anything or downloaded anything and Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner never picked it up, my computer is clean since I let Avast delete the file but how did it get on there and was it possibly a false positive??

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Malware-gen??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »
and was it possibly a false positive??
Impossible to answer from the info given

Upload and check file at www.virustotal.com

And detection/false positive issues should be posted in Viruses and Worms section

Offline Hyperwolf122

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 07:21:54 PM »
I meant to post this in Viruses and Worms, sorry about that! And I wish I would've but I let Avast delete it without thinking

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 07:29:35 PM »
I meant to post this in Viruses and Worms, sorry about that! And I wish I would've but I let Avast delete it without thinking
There is no rush to delete files in chest ... files moved to chest (quarantine) can not harm your computer

https://www.lifewire.com/clean-quarantine-or-delete-3972276

Offline Hyperwolf122

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 01:33:31 AM »
Thank you for informing me on that! And in the notifications I checked the alert for it and the file that was infected with malware-gen and put in the chest was msl.dll