Author Topic: VPN not working when trying to connect  (Read 2824 times)

Offline lee.crosby71

VPN not working when trying to connect
« on: March 07, 2019, 08:49:59 PM »
When I try and connect on the VPN it tries to initially then fails there after, also I have paid for a yearly multi subscription but haven't been able to use on my tablet since December when I bought it

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: VPN not working when trying to connect
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 06:06:30 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline lee.crosby71

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 09:08:17 AM »
I have suddenly got the app to work, the problem seemed to be that I had secureline app which was conflicting the the avast security ultimate VPN, I uninstalled the secureline and all is fine there, will find out later tonight if it works on my tablet although the tablet keeps telling me I need to pay for the VPN even though I have purchased the multi ultimate

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »
Hi lee.crosby71,

If the tablet keeps telling you that you need to pay for the VPN, please try to reactivate the Ultimate Multi license on the tablet again.

To do this, you'll first need to find your activation code using your phone. Please open Avast Mobile Security, then go to ☰ Menu > Settings > Subscription. Your Activation code should then be shown under your Ultimate Multi subscription details on the top of the screen.

The instructions for activating are slightly different depending on if you are using the SecureLine VPN app or if you are using the Avast Mobile Security app on the tablet:

If you are using the SecureLine app, please open the app and tap the Settings icon (the gear icon in the top right corner) > Subscription > Already purchased > Use voucher > enter your activation code into the text box and tap Continue.

If you are using the Mobile Security app, please open the app and tap ☰ Menu > Remove ads > ⋮ Menu (three dots in the top-right corner) > Enter voucher code > enter your activation code into the text box and tap Confirm.