Author Topic: forgot master password  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Anne131

forgot master password
« on: February 23, 2019, 05:15:09 PM »
Pleas help i forgot the master password, and tried all advice on the forum.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: forgot master password
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 12:19:36 PM »
Hi Anne131,

I'm afraid that the Master Password cannot be reset or retrieved. This is a security measure to prevent any unauthorized access; as this one password protects all other passwords that you have saved, it is critical that it is not compromised. This means that any passwords you have saved on your PC are encrypted with this password, and I'm afraid that if you have forgotten the Master Password then those passwords are no longer accessible (they could be restored if you have previously synchronized the passwords, but I cannot see any record that you have done so under your email address used to register on the forum).

In order to use Passwords again, you would need to follow the instructions in this support article: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Reset-default-Passwords. Please be aware that doing this will delete all currently saved password information.

Offline Anne131

Re: forgot master password
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 07:24:57 PM »
It is the password to the virus program, a can not juse my avast virus program om the computer because it demants a password.
i have deletet the program and installed it again, by that did not work.  it is a program i have payed for  :-\
what can i do.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0