Author Topic: mmigroup, gallery3d overlay css, flash touch - self installing malware (08227835  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Bruno371

Hello!
I have got a problem with selfinstalling apps in my android phone. It starded from three aplications named: mmigroup, gallery3d overlay css and flash touch. Now I have more of them. They install on my phone themselves, without my permission, and without any question. I use my phone about five moths, and the thing starded about three weeks ago. The aplication (I will name them viruses) the only thing they do for now is showin the fullscreen advetisements and block my phone for several second during the show. They are listed in aplications list. I can't dissable them, but I am able to uninstall them. If I do it, some hours later they come back.
I have bought and installed AVAST MOBILE SECURITY (AMS) but it can't help. The AMS says that the aplications are safe, and do nothing with them.
The very nice man from AVAST SUPPORT TEAM has sent me link to an article about the malware installed probably by the manufacturer of MediaTec chipsets.
I give you the links to read. May some of you have been befallen the same, or similiar thing.

Yesterday I tried to install a kind of firewall (Netguard). It looks like, it is able to disable the internet access to this apps. But it is not the thing. They are still in my phone, and I am affraid of my private datas.

Here is the link:
https://blog.avast.com/android-devices-ship-with-pre-installed-malware

If someone can help, it would be a very big thing for me. I don't know what to do. The phone is unusable in my opinion.

Marcin.

Offline Bruno371

Today I have got two new viruses. One of them is similiar to the previous and is named Osearch. It weights about 10 MB as the all previous, and probably do the same. But the other is a kind of web browser. It's named UCBrowser. It is very heavy, about 120 MB. In a very short time they are going to fill up my phone. And I see, everybody is helpless. Even the AVAST SUPPORT TEAM. Is there any hope for me? Or should I simply throw out the infected phone.

Marcin.