Author Topic: Webshield Question  (Read 849 times)

Offline notsosubtle

Webshield Question
« on: March 18, 2019, 01:10:33 AM »
I did a search but all of the posts I could find were well over 10 years old.

I'm having problems accessing a secured https survey site that I do survey's on.  Webshield is blocking it from loading saying there's a low level threat of phishing.

I went in and added it to the exceptions and was able to get the site to load except now I get a box that says 'this site may have harmed your computer' with a button that says 'get me out of here'.

I understand it may be a problem with the site but I've been visiting it daily for several years to at least do the daily poll for my points if not also doing survey's.  Should I wait it out or is there a way to disable/fix this so I can access the site?

Not only do I have avast that scans my system but I do also have a program that searches for malware.  I've been happy with avast for the past several years and it's never steered me wrong so I'm thinking there's something with the site but if nothing else I've got over $20 I need to cash out on the site.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Webshield Question
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 05:19:51 AM »
Hi notsosubtle,

First, avast blocked access to your site and then after you added exceptions you got a browser block too?

Name of site?

What today is a clean site can be a malicious one tomorrow; best to wait it out, your money's likely not going anywhere.

If you post the link we can check it out.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801