Author Topic: Lost Synchronization and backup mail  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Tim289

Lost Synchronization and backup mail
« on: March 17, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »
When I tried to use the synchronization and backup option for the Avast Premier Passwords feature, it said to either authorize the PC via another device or use the original Synchronization and backup mail.
I don't have another device setup any more with Avast Passwords (must have used it before) and I also don't have the Synchronization and Backup mail anymore that was sent.

Is it possible to remove that previously created Avast Passwords backup from my account?

Thanks!

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Lost Synchronization and backup mail
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 12:08:27 PM »
Hi Tim289,

The synchronization was previously set up against your email address back in 2016. We can delete the information for you, but can I ask you to first confirm that you understand that doing so will mean you lose any data that was previously synchronized in the cloud?

Offline Tim289

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 01:13:18 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.
Please delete the previous synchronised data.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:58:11 AM »
Hi Tim289,

The synchronized data has now been deleted for you, so you should be able to set up synchronization immediately as if you were a new user. If needed, you can find instructions for how to synchronize your first device in this support article: https://support.avast.com/article/255/