Author Topic: Arrrgh! How the hell do I leave!!!  (Read 1138 times)

Offline ljburnham82

Arrrgh! How the hell do I leave!!!
« on: March 19, 2019, 02:00:58 AM »
I tried out the Avast Cleanup premium free trial! I am now being given the runaround trying to unsubscribe! You shouldn't make it this difficult to unsub! It's criminal! I just want to leave and go bac to me free subscription but have never had an order email from avast to my registered email and furthermore I can't request an order ID cause it keeps asking for the last 4 digits of my credit card but I think I signed up via paypal!

My reason for wanting to leave is I only have a crappy netbook with a Celeron processor and 2GB of RAM and honestly it is so slow its unusable since upgrading to AVAST premium!

Please somebody help! Why is it so hard to unsubscribe from this!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Arrrgh! How the hell do I leave!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 02:29:48 AM »
I would suggest posting this in the Avast Cleanup (former GrimeFighter) forum
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Arrrgh! How the hell do I leave!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »
Hi ljburnham82,

I'm sorry that you were having issues trying to unsubscribe. Although you registered the trial under the same email address as you have signed up to this forum with, the "shipping" email was set to a very different email address, which was the email address that confirmation emails etc. were sent to (including instructions of how to unsubscribe).

I have cancelled the auto-renewal subscription for your trial product now, and you will not be automatically charged for any paid subscription in relation to this license. I have requested emails confirming this from our distributor (Digital River) to be sent to both email addresses, which you should receive today. You can continue to use the trial until it expires on Apr/15/2019.