Consumer Products > Avast Online Security (browser extension)

Avast Online Security Browser not staying enabled after update to new Firefox

(1/11) > >>

strutter1969:
Hello, I use Firefox my default broswer, and I just recently updated it to version 66.0 (64 bit).

I noticed when I went to go online, the Avast Online Security Browser Extension showed that the automatic blocking of trackers was disabled, so I clicked More Settings and re-checked the things that were previously unchecked (the do not track boxes), afterwhich I clicked Save, and everything was A-OK.

After I was finished, I closed the page I was on.

When I went back in awhile later, the same thing occurred, and I had to do the same thing all over again.

I'm not sure what to do so I don't have to keep repeating the same process over & over again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

strutter1969:
I wanted to add that I also posted on the Mozilla Firefox Support forums, and they gave me this link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-fix-preferences-wont-save

I was also told that if that doesn't fix the problem, to contact Avast support.

So, we shall see what happens...

BTW, I DID try uninstalling and re-installing Firefox, but that didn't help. So, I'll see what happens when I try the above.

wizzlbang:
I'm having this exact same problem, if anyone has a fix I'd appreciate it

The firefox link only seems to be helpful for the settings of firefox itself, not its addons

strutter1969:
It's still doing the same thing with the newest version of Firefox, 66.0.1.

I know there's the option of refreshing Firefox, as it mentions in that link I posted, but, I am wondering if this might be an Avast-related issue, and not necessarily a Firefox-related issue?

And you're right, wizzlbang, the link doesn't mention anything about fixing problems with add-ons/extensions, so I haven't tried any of those suggestions from that link. Hmmm....

italiangm:
I am having the identical problem described above.

Note: I've seen this issue crop up occasionally in the past, but as soon as I changed "Automatic blocking of trackers" back to "Enabled", the "Enabled" setting persists after I close and relaunch Firefox. Right now, the "Enabled" setting does NOT persist after close/relaunch.

Edited to add: I use Firefox 66.0.1 on Win 7 SP1, Avast Web Plugin 18.4.140

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version