Author Topic: Connecting computer to online account  (Read 4180 times)

Offline m_faccone2

Connecting computer to online account
« on: March 19, 2019, 07:44:16 PM »
I see this when I log into my account, Connecting your computer to Avast Account.. please hold on.  Then sometimes it says that my computer is connected to another account.  When I try to solve this issue it sends me to the download page.
How can I get my computer connected to my online account?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline eirlys

Re: Connecting computer to online account
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »
I apologise for this post but I am desperate to post my own problem in the forum and have been unable to do so. This is because I keep being told my verification code is incorrect. There are two greyed out sections I do not understand but I have been able to find a code here in your post  that does not have these.

Can you, or anyone here, anyone throw a light on what these greyed out little blocks are, please?

And once again my sincerest apologies for attaching this. I do hope you understand why I am so doing.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 10:36:49 PM »
eirlys, it looks like the attachment is missing :(

I apologise for this post but I am desperate to post my own problem in the forum and have been unable to do so. This is because I keep being told my verification code is incorrect. There are two greyed out sections I do not understand but I have been able to find a code here in your post  that does not have these.

Can you, or anyone here, anyone throw a light on what these greyed out little blocks are, please?

And once again my sincerest apologies for attaching this. I do hope you understand why I am so doing.
Quality is also a feature.

Offline eirlys

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 08:05:01 PM »
"Attaching " is the wrong word. I meant posting!  :(

Well they're not in this verification section so maybe all is resolved!

Offline eirlys

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 08:13:56 PM »
I cannot see anywhere the facility for me to post my own "problem". I am a member of the Forum but somehow I don't think I am registered with Avast. .

Is there any way round, please, as at the moment I am stealing someone else's problem- post and I am in a Catch 22 situation. I really could do with some help.

My thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 10:24:56 PM »
@ eirlys

If you are able to post (no mater whose topic it is) you should be able to create your own 'New Topic.'

If you first go to the sub forum you are interested in this case Avast Mac Security, you will see a list of topics (presumably how you found this one).  At the top (and bottom) of the listings you should see a 'New Topic' button.

This is used to create a new topic of your own if it is necessary.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline eirlys

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 04:20:58 PM »
Thank you, David.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security