Author Topic: Why arent sensitive documents just protected?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline debjjdh

Why arent sensitive documents just protected?
« on: March 20, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
Why does Avast tell me I have unprotected sensitive documents? Isnt Avast supposed to protect these documents without me having to run a scan and tell it..hey..protect those sensitive documents! I have had to click on..protect sensitive documents instead of Avast just protecting them. Seems rather ludicrous to me. If its on my computer, then yes I want it protected..its what I buy antivirus for.  Also the verification letters are horrible to try and make out. THE LETTERS YOU TYPED DONT MATCH THE LETTERS THAT WERE SHOWN IN THE PICTURE.  No kidding...I wear trifocals..they dont have to be that messed up looking to work

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Why arent sensitive documents just protected?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 06:02:54 AM »
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: Why arent sensitive documents just protected?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 05:42:02 PM »
Why does Avast tell me I have unprotected sensitive documents?

If you are using the Avast Free AV then the sensitive data scan (assume you ran Smart Scan) will advertise an upgrade to a paid version for extra protection for your sensitive documents. It is not possible to turn off the Sensitive data scan compoent of Smart Scan. It is a long story. Just don't run Smart Scan, just enjoy your Avast real-time AV protection without the hassle.