Author Topic: Cannot stop subscription expiration warning  (Read 1261 times)

Offline VBWriter2

Cannot stop subscription expiration warning
« on: March 20, 2019, 03:39:53 PM »
I have been a loyal Avast customer for years and have even suggested Avast subscriptions to family and friends.  So this bugs me very much.  I have a subscription that is going to expire (now in 2 days) and I cannot turn off this annoying feature!  It has constantly popped-up in the middle of a lot of things I was doing to BUG me for money that I don't have.  I am on disability now and cannot just stop and shell out cash for something that I have to wait on.  Would somebody please tell Avast that this needs to be fixed!   >:(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Cannot stop subscription expiration warning
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 04:20:06 PM »
If it is a subscription that is going to expire and you can't afford to renew, why not drop down to Avast free.  When you elect to use the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall - select Avast Antivirus, when you do that it should give you the option to install avast free.

I have been using avast free for over 15 years and it suites my needs.

I'm assuming you aren't on the automatic subscription renewal scheme ?
If you are you would need to disable that option or the automatic payment authority would kick in.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Enlighten

Re: Cannot stop subscription expiration warning
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 10:19:40 AM »
This is driving me nuts, too. I received a warning that it was time to renew automatically which I do NOT want to do. Avast have ruined their once mighty software, filled it with bloat and made it impossible to sensibly manage multiple licenses (there used to be a central online dashboard to monitor all the PCs under one set up licenses). I've decided to junk Avast. So I've cancelled the subscription and turned of the notifications. But they still popup  multiple times during the day. This is a perfect reason to jump ship.

I can't remember the last time Avast made it onto a top ten AV list. Window Defender regularly appears and is what I have used on other PCs with any issues.