Author Topic: On-Premise Console Internal Error  (Read 2930 times)

Offline hillen

On-Premise Console Internal Error
« on: March 20, 2019, 08:34:01 PM »
We upgraded from 5.0.103.324 to 6.0.8.853. We can log into the console, but we receive a dialog box indicating an internal error with the option "retry" or "log out".

I am running on Centos 7 using the Docker-Compose setup. When I do a docker-compose up, it goes so far then I repeatedly get an error bouncing between 146 and 155 common frames omitted ( see attached image ).

Need some advise and PLEASE don't tell me to dump database and manually re-add in over 150 devices, etc.

Many thanks!
-Paul
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:54:49 PM by hillen »

Offline hillen

Re: On-Premise Console Internal Error
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 12:46:40 AM »
I figured out the issue myself, so I thought I will pass it along in case it happens to someone else.

The issue turned out to be the docker-compose.yml file was not pulling the new version properly from the ENV file. I tripled checked it to make sure I didn't mess it up, even pulled down a new copy and changed the version to 6.0.x.x. Still a no go as it was still starting the version 5.0.x.x

Since the system had successfully modified the DB, making the DB incompatible with version 5.0.x.x and the docker still attempting to turn up version 5, thus the failure.

Solution was to manually change the docker-compose.yml to the correct version 6, execute docker-compose up and all is well. I have no idea why only the version variable was not working properly since all other variables do.

-Paul