Author Topic: CANNOT FIND SERVER=error message  (Read 8273 times)

tracyreed97

Re: CANNOT FIND SERVER=error message
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 04:58:24 AM »
ok David-what next? i downloaded firefox and tried to get into that site i told you about after signing in and this is what i got! i dont know what else to do!

The connection was interrupted

The connection to www4.usbank.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 05:07:12 AM »
ok David-what next? i downloaded firefox and tried to get into that site i told you about after signing in and this is what i got! i dont know what else to do!
If you disable WebShield provider of avast, can you connect?
Is ashWebSv.exe allowed to connect the Internet into your firewall settings?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »
If you literally typed the URL you gave and tried to connect you would have problems, I did too access denied, see image.

However, if you went to the www.usbank.com logged in and were redirected to www4.usbank.com after login and that failed with connection interrupted, I'm at a loss as to why the connection was interrupted.

Try as Tech suggests and I did previously with your other browser, pause or terminate web shield and try it again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tracyreed97

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2006, 12:58:14 AM »
well thanks again for all your help-it still didnt work-i think i am gonna call the computer company and see if they know whats going on

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2006, 01:28:43 AM »
Can you confirm that you paused or terminated the web shield and it didn't work, that way you can confirm that you anti-virus didn't have any interaction that could effect it. So you can refute the ISP saying it is your anti-virus is at fault.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security