Business Products > Avast Business

Documentation Lacking for Remote Deployment

<< < (2/2)

Lt Lemming:

--- Quote from: .: Mac :. on April 24, 2019, 12:49:05 PM ---Can you provide more detail about your network?
--- End quote ---

I'd rather not post details about our network in a public forum.

--- Quote from: .: Mac :. on April 24, 2019, 12:49:05 PM ---Are the console and the AD Controller on the same subnet?
--- End quote ---

Yes, but this is still the sort of information that should be included in the documents surrounding this.

--- Quote from: .: Mac :. on April 24, 2019, 12:49:05 PM ---Is there any intra-VLAN routing happening?
--- End quote ---

Lots, the domain controller and the master agent and clients all share one vlan though.

--- Quote from: .: Mac :. on April 24, 2019, 12:49:05 PM ---Often times there is an issue with firewalls or ACLs blocking access between the two.

--- End quote ---

Great! What ports? what protocols? in which directions?

NONE of this is documented besides one mention of port 7074 on the console page where it tries to connect to the domain controller.

In short, the documentation is as I've said. Severely lacking.

mickey.b:

--- Quote from: Lt Lemming on March 21, 2019, 06:42:22 AM ---Every time I try to do it on our network I just get "The Master Agent can not connect to Active Directory" but it doesn't tell me why it's failing.

--- End quote ---

If you haven't already, please submit a case at https://www.avast.com/business-support-contact

Most likely, we will need to collect debug logs. Please also see How To Submit Avast Business Log Files for more information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version