Author Topic: Bombarded by ads wanting me to purchase more Avast products  (Read 1907 times)

Offline mceredith

Bombarded by ads wanting me to purchase more Avast products
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:40:54 PM »
I had to create an account, go to my email, verify my email address, and then log on with my new registered account in order to ask this question... "How do I get Avast to STOP sending ads to buy or try more of their products? If I can't try a free 2 month antivirus without being HOUNDED to buy, buy, buy, why would I buy more products without anticipating more and more ads?  STOP!!! Leave me alone to make up my mind whether or not I want to purchase Avast products! ...and PLEASE, stop trying to scare me with warnings of breeches and lack of safety everytime I do a scan!!!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Bombarded by ads wanting me to purchase more Avast products
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 10:50:48 PM »
You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Personal Privacy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Bombarded by ads wanting me to purchase more Avast products
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 01:40:32 AM »
You could also just install the regular (non 60 day trial) version of the program.  That should give you 30 days use before having to purchase, but you wouldn't have to enter any payment information in advance. 

Yes you would also get reminders leading up to the 30 day end and you would also be likely to get a purchase discount offer close to the end of the 30 days.

Personally If I was ever to purchase avast this is the route I would go down as each renewal time is likely to get more discount offers.  If you had elected to have the Auto Payment Renewal, that would be at the normal price.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security