Author Topic: Cannot get internet access  (Read 924 times)

Offline Heliox65

Cannot get internet access
« on: March 23, 2019, 06:10:30 PM »
I have Avast on my smart phone and PC but i've found on a number of occasions on my phone i cannot got onto the internet to surf or get my emails if routing through public networks (but can on my PC). Avast just doesn't let this happen. The way i see it is that Anti-virus software is to protect you while your going about your business online. Avast protects you by completely blocking the internet, this is their way to ensure you don't get a virus or malware. Unless that is you download their VPN. My smart phone already has a VPN but Avast ignores this and wants me to download their version and pay them for it.
So if any one has had the same issue then i've found a work around. If you want to get on the internet follow these simple steps

1. On your phone select;- Settings/App Manager/Avast Internet Security/Uninstall
2. Go to Google Play select;- My Account/Subscriptions/Avast Internet Security/Cancel subscription
3. In Google Play do a search for Anti-virus from the list choose a different Anti-virus (NOT Avast or AVG as both lock you out of the internet in fact both have exactly the same dashboards so chances are they are the same company and so same parameters. I chose Kaspersky for mobile
4. Download your chosen Anti-virus and configure.

You will now be able to get your emails and surf the net

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Cannot get internet access
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »
Post in correct forum section. Those that know about phone is found here

Avast Mobile Apps  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=66.0