Author Topic: Avast Premier blocking our printer from all computers in home network.  (Read 5796 times)

Offline lcfraser

My partner, at my recommendation, installed Avast Premier on his computer two days ago.

Now neither of us can print anything, from any computer on our home network.

I have read some of the topics on this here, and I have to say, most of it is gibberish to me. 

In plain language that a moron can understand, can someone please explain what we must do?  We have important tax documents that MUST be printed within a day or two.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kuraizu

Have you checked if your Avast Firewall was set to a Public Network? If so, Kindly switch it to Private network. As it often blocks devices on your network to be detected.

Open your Avast Premier > Go to Protection (Left handside corner) > Firewall.
There is gonna be a toggle switch that you can click.

Offline lcfraser

Afraid we already have our settings on Private.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Afraid we already have our settings on Private.
Did you reboot after setting firewall to private mode?

Offline lcfraser

It was always on Private.  But yes, we rebooted.  Finally, he just took Avast off his computer, but the Wifi capabilities of the printer are now disabled.  Neither of us can work out how to get it back on line. 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Is any previous used antivirus removed according to that vendors removal instructions and using that vendors removal tool

Uninstalling other antivirus software  >>  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Uninstall-other-antivirus

Offline lcfraser

I think so, but if not we'll try that.

But now there is an even worse problem, which I will address in another thread because it's a completely different issue.