Author Topic: Unable to read the letters I need to post  (Read 1315 times)

Offline lcfraser

Unable to read the letters I need to post
« on: March 26, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »
This really bugs me and I can't be the only person who has experienced this problem.

In order to post on the forums, you have to type out the letters given at the bottom of the page.  However, the letters are almost always illegible, obscured by colours and greying out.  Honestly, this is beyond the pale.  I just had to ask for new letters about fifteen times before I was actually able to read them well enough to recreate them.  Ridiculous! Bad enough that I'm having troubles with Avast.  Now I have to struggle just to get on the forums. 

I have average eyesight.  What would happen to someone with poor eyesight?  No help at all? Is that how this works?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Unable to read the letters I need to post
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 07:28:00 PM »
Forum spam protection for the first 3 posts ... so in your case now having 4 posts you are done

Offline lcfraser

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your response.

All I was trying to do was post on the forums (we are having some real problems with Avast).  I had not made repeat posts; I was only trying to make the one, but I couldn't because I could not read the letters I was supposed to type out in the space provided.

I feel like your response is chiding me for doing something wrong, when all I was trying to do was post for help.  Avast has disabled our printer and caused other issues on one computer.  We need help, not a reprimand!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 10:05:21 PM »
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your response.
The captcha code you see when trying to post here in the forum is a forum protection against spam boots, difficult to read for a machine but a human should be able to read it

This captcha protection is only seen for your first 3 posts

I feel like your response is chiding me for doing something wrong
You are not doing anything wrong

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:08:14 PM by Pondus »