Consumer Products > Avast Mac Security

Avast blocked all incoming mail on Outlook

(1/3) > >>

janell23:
Hi,
Starting on March 22, 2019,  I hadn't realized that I had 5 email accounts that were blocked by Avast in my Outlook account (on a MacBook Pro). I searched online not knowing why my incoming mail wasn't working (I could send from these accounts) and I saw that one person on a Mac Forum advised to disable Avast email protection. I did that and the emails immediately flowed in. These were all POP accounts and hosted on the same server (but all diffferent domain names). 

Did Avast do an upgrade on Friday that would cause this blocking? I would like to turn Avast back on, but can't until this blocking problem is fixed.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Janell

ondrej.kolacek:
Hello,
we will double check this, however there should not be any changes to pop3 scanning code, and our tests contain quite an extensive amount of pop3 scanning. Thanks for notifying us.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

janell23:
Thank you Ondrej, I very much appreciate the help.  If it was one account, but all of the emails would not load on my computer with Avast on, and I did get them on my iphone & ipad.

.: Mac :.:

--- Quote from: janell23 on March 31, 2019, 10:32:25 PM ---Thank you Ondrej, I very much appreciate the help.  If it was one account, but all of the emails would not load on my computer with Avast on, and I did get them on my iphone & ipad.

--- End quote ---

Was this resolved janell23?

janell23:
No, not resolved. I just enabled the Mail  Shield, and I couldn't receive messages.  Turned it back off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version