Consumer Products > Avast SecureLine VPN

SecureLine VPN VERY SLOW

(1/4) > >>

physicsboy:
since upgrading to the latest version my secureline vpn is VERY slow - in prior testing it had about a 10% impact on speed - ow it's 50% or worse.  It's unusable, so I no longer use it.  Anyone else seeing this?

Steve

schmidthouse:
No issue here.
Speed depends on a number of overlying circumstances: Server chosen, time of day, high or low useage at the time and also your local setup. :)

Simon234:
I've noticed around a permanent 30-50% decrease in speed recently with the london p2p server

Mika5499:
Hello

Im new on this forum and I feel also really sad when I use my VPN, speed goes down around 50% !

I've noticed that the speed of the VPN ist blocked a 100mbits/s

Excuse its in french but its easily understandable.

Anyone has an idea to change this 100mbit/s in 1gbit/s ??

Thank you

mchain:
Hi Mika5499,

How fast an internet connection will be will depend on the capabilities and design of the network driver in use.  Avast uses the one indicated, and it would likely have to be upgraded to run at 1gbits/s.  As things stand now, avast SecureLine TAP Adapter v3 is what it is.

Which, is likely why both you and the OP, are reporting a 50% drop in connection speed over non-VPN network connections. 

But that information is missing in physicsboy's original post.  Because of that missing information, rather difficult to pinpoint the cause without it. 

I'm using an older system where the max speed is 100mbits/s, so the drop in speed is really not noticeable, but it is still there.  If you are running 1gbits/s, and running a faster network setup than I have, then you would see a greater drop than I.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version