Consumer Products > Avast Passwords

Avast Password browser extension not working right since update

(1/4) > >>

maureen4486:
Yesterday, I updated my Avast Internet Security to version 19.3.2369 - build 19.3.4241.445, and, now, I can't get the password browser extension to work in Firebox. The key icon is orange, but clicking on it does not bring up the passwords popup, and my usernames and passwords are not appearing in forms. I noticed that, when I lock Avast Passwords, the red padlock does not show on the orange key. I've deleted and reinstalled the extension a couple of times, but it didn't fix the problem. I even tried removing the extension in Firefox and rebooting my computer before reinstalling it. Interestingly, when I did that, the Browser Integration page in Avast did not have the green install button for Firefox but, rather, the "Re-Add Extension" button, as if the extension hadn't actually been uninstalled from Firefox.

At first, after the update, Avast Password wasn't working in Chrome either, but I managed to get it to work. How I did was rather strange. I'd never bothered to install the extension in the Avast Secure Browser since I rarely use it, but, in order to see if I could get Avast Passwords to work in that browser, I decided to install the extension for it. When I did, the Chrome store opened up on the page for Avast Passwords, and I saw a notice saying that it was disabled. So, I enabled it, and, after that, it worked in both the Avast Secure Browser and the Chrome browser.

This leads me to believe that, even though it appears to be enabled in Firefox, it really isn't. The problem is that I have no idea how to fix it. I have to wonder if some sort of bug is present in the newest Avast update. Absolutely nothing else was changed on my computer or in Firefox.

This is a really big problem for me as I primarily use Firefox, and I go to a great many sites that require logins. And, no, I am not willing to switch over to Chrome for all my browsing. It simply does not have the functionality that Firefox does with all the add-ons I have installed. If I cannot get this to work, I'll have no other choice but to either switch to another password program or dump Avast entirely and use some other internet security program that includes a password feature.

jkyriacou:
Passwords extension app keeps dropping off avast browser , would require me to re-add the extension , it's getting annoying considering we paid for the app.

Tom203:
I am having the same problem. Password key (upper right corner) disappears 3-5 times a day requiring me to go to browser integration and re-enable the extension. This behavior has been happening for the past few weeks. BTW, it is happening on 2 different computers: my desktop and my laptop.

Asyn:
Update to the latest version (19.4.2374): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=226462.0

maureen4486:
Nope, updating to 19.4.2374 did not fix the problem. The password extension still doesn't work in Firefox, even after removing and reinstalling it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version