Author Topic: PCI compliance, scheduled scan logs - how long do they remain?  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Chris1008

Hi all. I want to use Avast as part of our company PCI compliance effort. Basically all I need is weekly virus scans where the results are logged. We need to keep logs for 12 months. I know so far how to setup the weekly scanning, but will the logs be preserved for this length of time or does Avast delete them? I don't know because I have not been using it more than a few days. I am hoping something can easily answer my question.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: PCI compliance, scheduled scan logs - how long do they remain?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
Hi Chris,

I would suggest using the Avast Business products, which will let you handle the scheduling of this from a centralized point. Both Windows and Mac OS computers are supported and this would be far better if needing the reports for regulatory compliance.

Check it out here:
https://www.avast.com/en-us/business/products/business-antivirus

Let us know any questions you have.

Cheers!
Mac
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Chris1008

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:28:05 AM »
Hi Chris,

I would suggest using the Avast Business products, which will let you handle the scheduling of this from a centralized point. Both Windows and Mac OS computers are supported and this would be far better if needing the reports for regulatory compliance.

Check it out here:
https://www.avast.com/en-us/business/products/business-antivirus

Let us know any questions you have.

Cheers!
Mac

I am not really worried about the scheduling. I know that works.

What I care about is that the scan evidence is retained. We don't have any onsite servers and we're a distributed organisation with no corporate LAN. Does business AV handle this use case?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 01:19:20 PM »
Indeed it is well suited for distributed networks like this. You choose to have either an on-premise or cloud console. Since there are no servers the cloud console is the obvious choice. The scan results are recorded in the console for easy access. I would certainly not want to have to dig through independent workstations for scan logs to prove compliance  ;)

I suggest signing up for the trial and let us know any questions you have.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay