Author Topic: Dings and threats with every email!  (Read 1539 times)

Offline strtrribs

Dings and threats with every email!
« on: April 06, 2019, 01:57:13 AM »
Using Avast free version, have been for years!  All of a sudden today, every email that I try to open I get a pop up threat warning, the loud dings, and pictures will not load.  Emails are from trusted sources (even like lowes.com) and places I've had no issues with before,   Have no idea what's causing the problem or how to fix it.  Can anyone help?

Offline joekempton20062

Re: Dings and threats with every email!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 02:05:11 AM »
I found there is another thread regarding this, you, me and many others are having the same issue, I disabled the shield to keep this from happening temporarily, hopefully Avast will do an update to fix this issue.

Offline jeff-cantwell

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 02:44:42 AM »
Don't turn off web shield, just turn off pop ups, and let it work in the back ground.

I just updated with latest virus defs, and the problem persists.

Firfox, Yahoo mail, windows 8.1.

Offline Esu

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 04:38:19 AM »
I fixed it by going into settings add exception.  put in *.amazon.com and one for  ecp. yusercontent. com  (take out the spaces.)

Offline baumgrenze

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 05:03:57 AM »
I've been using Avast for many years. It has seemed to work very well.

Today, with popups every time I looked at an email on Yahoo Mail I found myself wondering if Avast is making a determined effort to drive users to evaluate their options.

This mistake coupled with messing up CHKDSK on boot for some users appears to be a serious slide downhill.

I took a snip and the serious part of the popup said;

We've safely aborted connection on ecp.yusercontent.com because it was infected with URL:Phishing

UPGRADE YOUR PROTECTION

Are users who use the $$$ versions avoiding this problem. If so, I will need to see what I will get for the $$$ I pay.

thanks
baumgrenze

Offline baumgrenze

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 05:10:42 AM »
Maybe this will help the Avast team.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/229816-3512522-blocking-email-content-windows/

Malwarebytes was having this problem in May 2018. By Post #24 in the thread users were declaring the problem 'fixed.'

FWIW
baumgrenze

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 07:37:21 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0