Author Topic: Subscription Issue  (Read 1677 times)

Offline jorgerosa

Subscription Issue
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:27:05 PM »
What a hassle I when thru yesterday
I bought Avast Internet Security in Amazon on 3/13/2019; they provided me with an activation code and a link to the software download
Downloaded and installed the software inserted the activation code and viola
Then yesterday I called Avast to see if they could help with the issue
First, I waited for 20 to 30 minutes on the phone for a person to answer and listed to all the classical music they had on the repertory
Second, the person whom answer couldn’t speak English clearly and I had to ask her to please repeat herself over and over, so I asked her to please connect me with someone else since I had trouble understanding her, but she refused to do so arguing that there was no one else there
I took my time and explained the issue with the activation code, and that is that after almost a month now the software tells me that I have 4 days left on the trial subscription
I find it funny that a mayor software company like Avast does not have more people answering their phones
Well after an hour or so, the woman said that there was nothing they could do for me, and that I had to contact the third party vendor, which in this case was Amazon
Now I called amazon and they told me to contact Avast
Just thought of buying another software
Thanks for your Help!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Subscription Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:35:32 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Subscription Issue
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:57:50 AM »
Hi jorgerosa,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing trying to activate your license.

What you are describing sounds like the license was never activated when you installed the software, but instead the free 30 day trial of Internet Security was started.

Can I first ask you to try activating the license by opening Internet Security > click "Menu" in the top right corner > click "My Licenses" > click "Enter a valid activation code" > enter the code that Amazon provided you with.

If this does not succeed, can I ask you to send us the activation code so that we can check its validity? Please do not post the code in a reply here as this is a public forum. Instead please either: