Author Topic: Installing avast cleanup  (Read 1609 times)

Offline aSkinnyCook

Installing avast cleanup
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:24:59 AM »
So I purchased avast cleanup about 20 minutes ago and I am unable to install it. The avast tab in the bottom right will proceed with the installing phase. After this a message will appear stating: 'Installation complete, your apps are now ready to go!'. Yet directly below it says: 'Avast Cleanup           FAILED'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Installing avast cleanup
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:08:53 PM »
So I purchased avast cleanup about 20 minutes ago and I am unable to install it. The avast tab in the bottom right will proceed with the installing phase. After this a message will appear stating: 'Installation complete, your apps are now ready to go!'. Yet directly below it says: 'Avast Cleanup           FAILED'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

this seems to be an unexpected error in setup. However we are not able to induce it in our environment.
Could you please send us setup log file which should be located here: c:\Windows\Temp\Setup Log 2018-08-03 #002.txt. Please note that the exact name of your setup log will be different.

Get the log and upload it somewhere and share the link with us so we can take a look at it.

Meanwhile you can try to reinstall the product using the build downloaded from our website: https://www.avast.com/cleanup and then activate it using the code you should receive via email when you purchased the product.

Thank you.