Author Topic: Firewall default rules keep changing.  (Read 2129 times)

Offline mehoo2

Firewall default rules keep changing.
« on: March 28, 2019, 01:24:56 AM »
I have set the default action for all networks to be "Ask" NUMEROUS times, and it just keeps randomly going back to auto-decide.  This is not at all OK with me.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing.  I think it is being reset when the app updates, but I cannot be sure.  Is there any way to ensure that this never happens behind the scenes again, or at least a warning that it changed?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Firewall default rules keep changing.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 12:18:19 PM »
I think it is being reset when the app updates, but I cannot be sure.
When you say app, do you mean this is on a android phone or a windows computer?

Offline mehoo2

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »
Habit.  I meant on Windows.  It hasn't done it since I made the post, but it has done it at least 5 times in the past.  There are pieces of software that I have to prevent from auto-updating because otherwise my render farm doesn't match my local machine, and this is easiest done through just blocking it from external networks.  Everytime this resets, I have to re-install everything.  It is very frustrating, and I am clueless as to why it happens. 

BTW the verification images are ridiculously small and hard to read on high DPI screens... suggest a change to that.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 03:30:06 PM »
BTW the verification images are ridiculously small and hard to read on high DPI screens... suggest a change to that.
One more post and you want see it again

Offline mehoo2

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 07:00:37 PM »
Well.. Avast did it again.  Must have updated or something in the background.  Erased all of my rules and auto-recreated them with "auto-decide."

I am uninstalling and using a competitor software.  This is ridiculous.