Author Topic: Avast FREE Antivirus liences expires? Windows 10 64 bit  (Read 1909 times)

Offline :o

Avast FREE Antivirus liences expires? Windows 10 64 bit
« on: April 13, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
Today i got a message in the from of a window from avast that my free avast antivirus liences is going to expire in 12 days, becouse im using the free version and im not using any product trials the message shouldnt have appeared.
The message also said that i have the free version and can upgrade to paid versions.
I closed the window and scanned my computer with avast no viruses and such were found.

I dont understand why i got the message was avast trying to milk some money out of me or it was an error and i need to repair my antivirus or the message is right and i need to worry about something.

System specs

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

CPU: intel i5 6500

Avast free antivirus Program version: 19.4.4318.439 (currently lastest)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:33:12 AM by :o »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline loungehake

• Dummy Half
  • Poster
  • Come on lad! You've only got 70 yards to go.
Re: Avast FREE Antivirus liences expires? Windows 10 64 bit
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:42:37 AM »
Users of Windows 10 are fortunate because they have the excellent built-in Windows Defender to revert to.  The rest of us have this incredibly off-putting irritant of Avast's confusing attempt to sell its Premium paid-for product.  Naive users are particularly at a disadvantage and can easily end up with a 'free' Premium trial period from which they must extricate themselves. The Avast model of customer relations could easily create the impression that Avast is the author of a scam, so poor an impression does it create.

It is bizarre that on the one hand Avast wants to create a good impression of itself by offering free software to home users while on the other hand it casually ruins that good impression by using 'dodgy' tactics to entice users into paying.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64, Avast Free 24.3.6108, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware