Author Topic: Windows Update Issue after Cleanup  (Read 1409 times)

Offline kid21587

Windows Update Issue after Cleanup
« on: April 15, 2019, 01:10:09 PM »
I was cleaning my PC using Cleanup and deleted something I think was called 'Windows Install Files' (Which the app said was okay to delete). I only deleted about 40mb of it and since then I have turned my PC off then back on and now my updates are constantly stuck at 35%. I have checked on Windows forums but I thought best to come here as the issue is likely caused by the Cleanup app.

Trying to reboot in Safe mode does the exact same thing. I am stuck on the update screen.

Update: Since I started typing this it has now changed to 'Cleaning Up' but is stuck on that.

Update 2: It has now loaded in the desktop in safe mode. Would it now be safe to restart in standard mode?

Update 3: Its all working fine now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:24:59 PM by kid21587 »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Windows Update Issue after Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 03:42:14 PM »
I was cleaning my PC using Cleanup and deleted something I think was called 'Windows Install Files' (Which the app said was okay to delete). I only deleted about 40mb of it and since then I have turned my PC off then back on and now my updates are constantly stuck at 35%. I have checked on Windows forums but I thought best to come here as the issue is likely caused by the Cleanup app.

Trying to reboot in Safe mode does the exact same thing. I am stuck on the update screen.

Update: Since I started typing this it has now changed to 'Cleaning Up' but is stuck on that.

Update 2: It has now loaded in the desktop in safe mode. Would it now be safe to restart in standard mode?

Update 3: Its all working fine now.

Hi,

even though you were able to fix the issue by yourself we would highly appreciate to collect logs from you machine to know which files have been deleted.
Then we will be able to adjust the algorithm to omit such files to not cause any Windows Update issues in the future.

You can simply send us the logs by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.