Author Topic: delayed canceling  (Read 2680 times)

Offline thomas_strache

delayed canceling
« on: April 20, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »
Hello Avast

My subscription is finally expiring and I was looking forward to cancel.
I did cancel on the 2nd of April, 2019 and received your acknowledgement of my cancellation request.
However, this request was never processed and nobody responded.
Then I got an email praising the new features. I replied saying I've canceled and please stop the service.
No response!
I tried to contact you on Facebook.
No response.
You are very good at not responding.
Then I got an email saying you will cancel my subscription in 2020.
Please take this post as an official complain and request to cancel my subscription NOW, immediately!
Maybe someone can respond?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: delayed canceling
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 07:40:45 AM »
-> https://support.avast.com/article/24/ (Orders/Renewals/Refunds)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline thomas_strache

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »
Is this supposed to be a response to my issue?
I'm not sure what you want me to do ?  Read a how-to-file or log this issue in a different language?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 09:09:37 AM »
Hello Avast

My subscription is finally expiring and I was looking forward to cancel.
I did cancel on the 2nd of April, 2019 and received your acknowledgement of my cancellation request.
However, this request was never processed and nobody responded.
Then I got an email praising the new features. I replied saying I've canceled and please stop the service.
No response!
I tried to contact you on Facebook.
No response.
You are very good at not responding.
Then I got an email saying you will cancel my subscription in 2020.
Please take this post as an official complain and request to cancel my subscription NOW, immediately!
Maybe someone can respond?

Hi,

I apologize for the company that you haven't received any answer up until now.
I checked your record in our database and it seems that your license has been automatically prolonged on April 16. After that the subscription has been cancelled however your license is still valid until May 1 2020.

Unfortunately there is not much I could do for you at this point. If you would like to get you money back please fill in this refund form: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_refund. Also note that it takes some time to process the refund request so please be patient. Usually it takes like 2 weeks to retrieve the payment.

Thank you.

Offline thomas_strache

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 12:40:05 AM »
Hello,
thank you for your reply. I had given up already.
Your company confirmed having received my request to stop the subscription on the 2nd of April with the code (KMM74474306V20843L0KM)

Also, when I try to use your program now it get stuck on the system junk scan. It never passes 87%.
It doesn't work anymore!

If I just remove your program, what will happen to the programs it put to sleep ?

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 03:41:27 PM »
Hi Thomas,

I'm afraid that I cannot find any record of you contacting us at Avast to cancel the the subscription before April 16th - but I can see a record that you responded to an email reminder sent by our distributor (Digital River) on the 2nd April. I do apologize that you did not receive a response after you received the notification that the email had been received, and I will make sure that your feedback about this issue is passed through to our distributor's support team.

Unfortunately, responding to the reminder email does not cancel the subscription - as described in the email, this can be done through the page www.avast.com/find-order with the password contained in the email.

I am sorry to hear that you are now experiencing further issues with the application itself.

I would recommend that you wake up any programs that you have put to sleep before uninstalling the application - normally, uninstalling the app will do this automatically, but manually waking the programs will ensure that you do not experience any further issues with the application.

To wake the programs, please open the Avast Cleanup Premium app > click the "All functions" button (the icon with the 9-dot grid on the right hand side of the app's home screen) > click the "Show background & startup programs" link > click the "# programs sleeping" heading (you may need to scroll down to find this) > click the "Wake" links to the right of each program to wake them. Please do this one by one, waiting until a program is removed from this list before clicking the "Wake" link for the next program.

Please also confirm if you would like the subscription to be cancelled and refunded, and I will arrange this for you (as it appears that the refund form has not been submitted).

Offline thomas_strache

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 10:02:09 PM »
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I hereby confirm, I'd like my subscription canceled and refunded.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »
Hi Thomas,

As per your request, the refund of your Avast Cleanup Premium subscription has now been submitted for processing - our distributor will arrange the transaction and notify you in due course.

Please be aware, it may take between 5 to 7 business days to complete the refund process, and to have the funds back in your account.

Offline thomas_strache

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 10:41:56 PM »
Thank you! I got my payment back!

I would like to add, all the programs which had stopped working are functional again since I removed avast clean up.
I thought you might want to know that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:50:33 PM by thomas_strache »