Author Topic: WiFi notification: Unsecured WiFi notification won't leave notification area  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Jeffrey Dungan

I scanned a WiFi connection (and, as expected, it had "warnings"), however the notification won't disappear even if disconnected from that wifi access point.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi, what happens, if you tap the notification?

Offline Jeffrey Dungan

(Note: this is on a LG phone, Android 7.1.2)

Honestly, I haven't thought of just 'tapping'; I did try swiping, but that brings up the options for 'permanent notifications' of [Block All][Silently Notify][Don't Silence or Block].

I connect to WiFi at work; that's another unsecure network. I can also connect at home, and it's considered secure (enough) by Avast. Today I got the 'stuck notification' of Unsecured WiFi even though I was on my phone internet, heading from work to home; I ended up seeing what would happen if I connected to he home WiFi -it still showed the Unsecure warning for the work WiFi SSID. A rescan made the notification disappear. (Previous times were me rebooting the phone.)

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi, there is a bug in version 6.19.0, fixed in 16.9.1 - it has been rolled out to 20% of users. If you don't want to wait for it, you can install the Beta version (read the FAQ article: https://goo.gl/r8UPdZ).

Offline Jeffrey Dungan

What happens when I click on the notification

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Are you using the latest app version? It is 6.21.2, thanks in advance for confirmation, it is very important for us to know, if the problem concerns the up-to-date version.

Offline Jeffrey Dungan

Yes; and the 'problem' started about two updates ago.

As an aside; this is when connected to the 'public accessible' WiFi at work. Due to the size.of the campus there are two different WiFi networks available (essentially, North and South); and sometimes when switching between them the 'unsecure' warning keeps the SSID name of the one I've just left. For both, it will keep the warning up after disconnecting from (or even turning off the) WiFi

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi, you seem to have enabled the automatic Wi-Fi scan, see:
- Avast Mobile Security app
- Settings
- Notifications & alerts
- Wi-Fi networking
- Auto-scan unknown networks

We take every Wi-Fi connection security issue seriously, therefore the notification can only be removed after you see the scan result. If you tap it and see what the problem is and what solution we are suggesting, then the alert disappears.