Other > Viruses and worms

Netflix causes url:Blacklist Avast warnings ... false positive ?

(1/2) > >>

avragorn:
Hello :)

Since last sunday when I go to Netflix, there regularly are Avast warnings saying that the connexion to
--- Quote ---lpv6-c008-cdg001-ix.oca.nflxvideo.net
--- End quote ---
has been blocked because of url:Blacklist.
It happens either when I start episodes from series or movies, or when I do a search on Netflix.
I cleared the browser history and cache, and no Avast warnings until last tuesday, it happened again, I cleared the browser history and cache again, .... no Avast warnings until this morning, I did a search on Netflix, and Avast suddenly warned again about the same (same url blocked because of url:Blacklist), and after closing my browser (Firefox), Avast didn't stop warning me about the same thing (same url, same url:Blacklist), I closed the Avast warning pop-up everytime, but it came back every 2-3 seconds even if Firefox was closed, I had to restart my computer to stop it.
I cleared the browser history and cache again, but I guess that in a few days Avast will warn again for the same thing.

Do you know about it ? Could it be a false positive ? I never got any troubles with Netflix, I am using Netflix since september 2014.

I am using
AVAST free 19.4.2374 (version 19.4.4318.451)
virus database 190417-4
number of definitions 6,567,625
interface version 1.0.362

Firefox Quantum 66.0.3 (64 bits)

Thank you very much,

- Gilles -

ps : it is 10:35am here, I have to go soon, I'll certainly come back after 9pm.

Asyn:
-> https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/lpv6-c008-cdg001-ix.oca.nflxvideo.net

avragorn:
Thanks :) So it means that it is not blacklisted, if I have well understood :)

ps : this time I have to go, I come back in 9-10 hours ;)

Asyn:
Nope, it means that it can't be scanned. (Maybe a typo..?)

kwiq:
Hi avragorn,
today were made some corrections related to nflxvideo.net  detections can you try it with next vps update.
Thank you for report !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version