Consumer Products > Avast Passwords

Cant sync passwords, Confirm Password change?

(1/3) > >>

Rc12:
I forgot my avast account password and I reset it, but now when I try to sync the password manager it asks me to confirm the password change from another synced device (after email verification) and I don't have any other device synced. How do I confirm the password change? There is a option to sync without other device but it asks for my previous password which I don't remember. I still remember the master password used to unlock the password manager but not the avast account password. I recently format my HDD so I don't have any backup.

BWhit:
Hi Rc12,

I'm very sorry, but I'm afraid that it will not be possible for you to access the synced passwords without being able to recall the previous Avast account password.

This is because the only synchronization method that would work in your situation requires the password change to be confirmed (restoring from a backup email - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/92). Without having access to another synced device, there is no way to confirm the password change if you do not recall the previous password.

Once again, I am very sorry, but you cannot access the synchronized data without the previous Avast account password.

Rc12:
Can I get a account reset? so I can log in to Avast passwords again, I remember most of my passwords so you can erase them.

BWhit:
Hi Rc12,

Your account is reset for you now, so you can re-start the Passwords synchronization (please refer to this synchronization guide if needed: https://support.avast.com/article/255/).

BilboBaggins2019:
Sorry to jump onto this thread but I am having exactly the same problem. I unsynced all my old devices and cant remember my previous password to resync (only my current one).

Please can you reset my account. I have my password file downloaded and saved so I presume I can re-upload it once this has been done?

Thanks for any help regarding this issue,

Bilbo  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version