Author Topic: Offline installation  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Thomas803

Offline installation
« on: March 27, 2019, 02:22:08 PM »
Hi everybody (and sorry for my not perfect  english  ;) ),

the linux installer is well done, thanks, but it download the latest virus definition during the installation process.

I also read it's not that hard to create a VPS mirror definition.

How can I make the installer use a local virus definition file and not download one?  (ie, vps9.dat)
How can I make the installer use a local VPS mirror ? (it seems creating the file /etc/avast/avast.conf  prior installion doesn't work )

Thanks in advance for helping me .
Regards,
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:39:14 PM by Thomas803 »

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Offline installation
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 02:42:40 PM »
Hello,
sorry for the late answer, but as far as I know this has already been communicated via support. Please see http://deb.avast.com/lin/doc/techdoc.pdf , section "Local virus definitions mirrors". There was a short time when this did not work due to wrong rights being set, but it should now work without problems.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

Offline Thomas803

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 09:39:51 AM »
Hi,

thanks for your message, my question is obviously not clear so let me rephrase.
(This is not anymore an issue for us as we figure out a workaround but maybe there is a better way)

Indeed it is not hard to create a VPS repository and to write the URL in the /etc/avast/vps.conf file.

The problem is only at installation time, not production time. If the vps.conf file has been created BEFORE the rpm installation then our file is replaced by the installer and so the official repository is used instead of our VPS respository.

Maybe there is a way to force Avast! not to erase the configuration file during the installation process? It will be great if it could be fixed in the RHEL 8 rpm  ;)

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 02:39:24 PM »
Hi,

thanks for your message, my question is obviously not clear so let me rephrase.
(This is not anymore an issue for us as we figure out a workaround but maybe there is a better way)

Indeed it is not hard to create a VPS repository and to write the URL in the /etc/avast/vps.conf file.

The problem is only at installation time, not production time. If the vps.conf file has been created BEFORE the rpm installation then our file is replaced by the installer and so the official repository is used instead of our VPS respository.

Maybe there is a way to force Avast! not to erase the configuration file during the installation process? It will be great if it could be fixed in the RHEL 8 rpm  ;)

Hello,

thanks for reporting this issue! Unfortunately, when switching to new build system, %config(noreplace) directives were not correctly applied due to a typo, and thus the config files were not marked as such. We will fix this ASAP.Edit: this should be now fixed.
Due to the fact that we build RHEL/CentOS packages on CentOS, we can not release RHEL8 rpm yet, it may take a while.

Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:56:21 PM by ondrej.kolacek »