Author Topic: Problem with The Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT) & Avast (Free)  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Paul-Music

• Paul
Hi everyone as this is my first post I'm hoping I'm posting it in the correct place. I am having problems running The Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT) which is the software built into Microsoft Windows that provides you with a 'Subscore' for all the following:
Processor:, Memory (RAM):, Graphics:, Gaming Graphics:, and finally for Primary Hard Disk: at the end of the test you are then provided with a 'Base Score' which is determined by the lowest subscore.

When I have installed 'Avast Free' it will run the assessment but at the end of the test 'Windows Experience Index' will come up with a fault saying 'The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed. Could not measure storage performance. Error: Failed to properly assess the disk. The parameter is incorrect.

Removing Avast (Free Edition) fixed this for me. I tried re-installing and enabling 'Passive mode' and disabling shields etc. but nothing fixed it except removing Avast from my Windows 7 PC Computer.

I thought I should report the fault hoping for a possible fix.

Paul  :)
with a fresh clean install of (Windows 7 Ultimate) x64
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:34:14 PM by Paul-Music »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
- Which version of Avast Free..?
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Looks similar to WEI problem mentioned here maybe:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=225100.0