Author Topic: How to change server name with on-premise console?  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Lukas Mizoch

How to change server name with on-premise console?
« on: April 26, 2019, 10:53:13 AM »
How can I change name of server which is running on-premise console? I changed it in "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Management Console\console\config\application-user-config.yml", I restarted server, I downloaded new installer, but clients are still using old name.

Offline Lukas Mizoch

Re: How to change server name with on-premise console?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 11:30:34 AM »
I found, that on clients in file "C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\var\bcc.cfg" there is still old name of server. Only solution that works is using avastclear.exe and reinstall Avast, but I cannot do this on all computers.

Offline andrey.01015

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »
Mb.. dns alias?

Offline Lukas Mizoch

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 06:38:14 PM »
Nobody knows? I really cannot go to 200 PCs and manually uninstall and install again program. Reinstalling should fix this, but it does not. :(

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
  • Avast team
    • Avast Business Technical Support
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 11:12:45 PM »
Nobody knows? I really cannot go to 200 PCs and manually uninstall and install again program. Reinstalling should fix this, but it does not. :(

Following the instructions of the Clients Not Connecting To The Business Management (on-premise) Console section in the Avast Business Managed Troubleshooting Guide usually resolves this issue.

If this didn't resolve your issue, you may need to submit a case to us at https://www.avast.com/business-support-contact
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support