Author Topic: AVAST blocked the PC ..... the cause is windows !!!!  (Read 1535 times)

Offline 1enry-1

AVAST blocked the PC ..... the cause is windows !!!!
« on: April 28, 2019, 08:53:08 PM »
There are not only Avast and Sophos in the list of antiviruses that have problems with the latest round of updates for Windows, released on April 9th.

Since the malfunctions emerged, the list has continued to grow, including Avira, ArcaBit and McAfee.

When monthly updates are installed on PCs with these security software, initially everything seems to work properly. However, when logging in, the computer crashes and stops responding.

The only solution at this point is to restart in safe mode and uninstall disable the antivirus.

Apparently the cause of this strange behavior is a change made by Microsoft to a Windows component called CRSS (Client / server Runtime SubSystem), used to manage Win32 applications.

The various antivirus vendors are releasing updated versions of their products, which conform to the new CRSS, while no patches should come from Microsoft: they are now the software that must change the way they operate the operating system, and not the other way around.

Who had not yet done so to install a recent version of the antivirus indicated, or was in the situation in which said antivirus still does not have an updated version, has no reason to worry.

System updates
There are updates to the operating system to download and install. What are you doing?
I don't install anything because it affects Internet speed and computer performance
I accept the installation. They can be important updates
Maybe I will install the updates later
I don't see any notifications from the operating system

In fact, after the first cases emerged, Microsoft blocked the installation of updates on all those machines with the security software incriminated.

The problem affects different versions of Window2: Windows 7, 8.1, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10 are involved.

????  the solution is an update by  AVAST  ?  correct ?  thnaks ....   :-(

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: AVAST blocked the PC ..... the cause is windows !!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:12:18 PM »
Affects different 'builds' as well
I run two Win 10 64 Bit OS's both build 1809 and have had NO ISSUES with MS updates as yet.
All KB's are up to date.  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: AVAST blocked the PC ..... the cause is windows !!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 11:20:12 PM »
There are several topic relating to this issue.

See this topic and the quoted reply.

Anyway, we have just released an emergency update for Avast 19.3 and 19.4 which should detect the problem with these KB- packages. The problem was caused by a new Windows functionality in these KB packages which may sometimes lead to deadlock during Windows startup process.

So these updates shouldn't have the same issue after the Emergency Updates release.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security