Author Topic: every now and then avast firewall resets the configuration i set it to be  (Read 1129 times)

Offline o_O

there was a time it happened very often, now sometimes i open up firewall settings just to be surprised: applications/programs with no defined rules is set to "auto-decided". i chose "ask" after installing.

last time i noticed, its been some years, every new update reset my configs. today i just found it set to "auto" once again. i want it to ask me every time.

if i have to get there to set it again and again the way i want it to be, im better off skiping avast firewall for another 3rd party's.

btw, add a checkbox to the app rules list so i can delete those rules avast set to auto-decide by its own, all at once.

its really annoying having to delete then all one by one just to start over a thing that was configured since day 1.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Correct, upgrading or updating can cause custom settings to be lost, so backup your custom settings as below in attached png file:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801