Author Topic: Registration of free version expires in 12 days but cannot re-register  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Kick

Hi,

Today I received notification that my free version of Avast expires in 12 days but when I navigate to the 'Select your security level' window which shows 'Avast Free Antivirus' on the left and 'Avast Internet Security' on the right, the grey 'Select' button does not show at the foot of the 'Avast Free Antivirus' column.  Instead, where the 'Select' button should be, there is a text box showing the words "Your current free protection".

Can I expect this text box to change to the 'Select' button before my 12 days run out?

Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Kick

Hi Asyn,

Thanks for your post and the link contained.

Unfortunately it does not help me - the 'Select' button referred to in section B of the final post in the link just does not appear in my setup at the moment.  As I indicated in my first post, where you would expect to find the button there is text stating "Your current free protection".  I'm hoping that, as I get closer to the deadline, the 'Select' button will appear.  I'd be grateful if you or other experienced members of the forum could comment on whether this is likely.

Thanks and regards.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Did you installed AV recently or you are already using it a year?

Offline Kick

Hi Martin,

My present registration has been in place for 12 months although, overall, I've been using Avast Free for a few years now and don't recall facing this issue at the end of a registration period before.

Offline Kick

UPDATE (Situation Resolved)

A notification from Avast appeared in my latest startup.  The message reminded me that my current registration expires in 12 days - the 'Select' button was available for Avast Free and worked correctly so I am now registered for a further 12 months.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0